maanantai 18. maaliskuuta 2019

A little bit of progress


I started to change the gearstick bushings last week, but it all ended when it got so stuck that it was impossible to get in place :-)

On Saturday, I continued with it and we managed to get it back out - showed a bit of drilling and sanding, lubed up and managed to get it in place. Sorry, no pictures available for that though. Not it feels a hundred times better, still sloppy, but not nearly as bad as before.

Anyway, "unwelded" a few welds - registration plate "mountings" were welded and it had to come off. Also the front fender(s) were welded.  As you can see from the picture, maybe it's not the nicest quality, but what I've heard from the previous owner - it was meant to be a temporary solution ;-)

So I took away the driver's side front fender - we'll see if I need to take out the other one too. There was also a screw stuck, where the fender should attach to the body - and that was welded in. Ah well, we managed to get it out, so now we can use the original mounting points later on.

The car is on jack stands at the moment, so I have easy access underneath the car. I will continue working on it as soon as possible.

I'm also looking for some parts: registration plate lights, "DATSUN CHERRY" -emblems at least.

Here's a picture without the front fender:











Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

A lot of progress...

A long time has gone since last update... Last year, we gave the Cherry a ride on a trailer to my new garage and plan was to get some work...