maanantai 1. huhtikuuta 2019

Hidden problems

My plan was to remove all the wheels, so I could remove those old tires and also repaint them. However, while removing right hand side wheel, this is what happened:


Very nice, indeed. Well, now I'm out for the hunt for that broken "plate" piece and hopefully will get it in within few weeks. The whole suspension seems to be in quite rough condition, even though operational. It is very hard to find springs or absorbers for the front, so I might need to get creative in the future, when I wish to change them all.

I'm also looking for some parts here and there, like those license plate lights for example. I managed to find "DATSUN CHERRY" emblem from Denmark (New Old Stock) and check this it out, it looks so good that I can't wait to see it on the car! Unfortunately I'm still one short :-(

I also ordered some body patches from the USA, as I was unable to find them from Finland or even from Europe. Well, from Europe I found one seller, but the price was outrageous. I'm testing, if I can fix at least one of the rear fenders with this and some nice metallic bondo, without welding. If that doesn't work out, then I'm just going to weld it, as I have new fenders/panels to do that, but this is something I wish to try out and see how it turns out.





I'm also going to change both front fenders as they were both welded on. My plan is to repair the front end as good as I can, so I can attach those new fenders on with bolts like they're meant to. There is quite a lot to do and I doubt it will be in driving condition for the summer, but I hope it can be in "moving" condition before winter though. We are moving to a new house later this year, which means I can take my Cherry with me and work on it more often.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

A lot of progress...

A long time has gone since last update... Last year, we gave the Cherry a ride on a trailer to my new garage and plan was to get some work...